Friday, March 2, 2018

Biography

Dear Sir, Madam

My name is Vassilios Sofianidis and I was born in Vamvakousa, Serres, a small rural village, in north Greece. I studied among the most famous Greek painters and architects, like Mr. Mellidis, who won the Academy of Athens award twice, Mr. Kokolios and Mr. Moutsatos.

In 1991 I joined the Greek Military which Istillserve. During the last 9 years I live with my two children, Smaragda and loannis, in Kavala.

The thematology of my artwork varies, but the last five years, I have a special interest in horses, I don't just draw them they are my passion.

My work is a tribute to the spirit of horses and through it I would like to make people see their true beauty and power. I believe that the nature of the horse and its ancient-like form help the fainted connection between them and the people to revive. The horses teach us about authenticity, honesty and the fact that a true relationship is based on the cooperation and not domination. They teach us that we can maintain our spirit and anger, while we are sensitive and sympathetic.

Many animals are characterized by commitment and companionship to humans, but only the horse is what has influenced the shaping of world history.

I honestly hope that you will enjoy my art.

1st award at the national painting contest 1984

Participation in the contest IALHA (Andalusian horse), 2015 & 2016

Dedication to the American Magazine “Gallop Magazine” Kentucky 2015

Participation in Eguus Film Festival NY 2015

Participation in MON ART FESTIVAL, Kavala, June 2016

Select from 6,500 worldwide participations in a group exhibition of 45 artists in Texas, AQFIA, August 2016

1st award at the EQUUS FILM FESTIVAL in New York November, 2016 

Painting depiction in collectible wine bottles of «Domane Kosta Lazaridi»



0 comments:

Post a Comment